Refereed articles in academic journals
- Or Aleksandrowicz, The camouflage of war: Planned destruction in Jaffa and Tel Aviv, 1948, Planning Perspectives 32(2): 175-198, 2017, DOI: 10.1080/02665433.2016.1185962.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Milena Vuckovic, Kristina Kiesel, Ardeshir Mahdavi, Current trends in urban heat island mitigation research: Observations based on a comprehensive research repository, Urban Climate 21: 1-26, 2017, DOI: 10.1016/j.uclim.2017.04.002.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Appearance and performance: Israeli building climatology and its effect on local architectural practice (1940–1977), Architectural Science Review 60(5): 371-381, 2017, DOI: 10.1080/00038628.2017.1354812.
- Jonathan Natanian and Or Aleksandrowicz, Environmental education of an architect: The case of final-year design studio at the Technion, Israel, Archnet-IJAR 12(1): 356-366, 2018, DOI: 10.26687/archnet-ijar.v12i1.1305.
- Or Aleksandrowicz and Abraham Yezioro, Mechanically ventilated double-skin facade in a hot and humid climate: Summer monitoring in an office tower in Tel Aviv, Architectural Science Review 61(3): 171-188, 2018, DOI: 10.1080/00038628.2018.1450726.
- Or Aleksandrowicz and Ardeshir Mahdavi, The application of building performance simulation in the writing of architectural history: Analysing climatic design in 1960s Israel, Frontiers of Architectural Research 7(3): 367-382, 2018, DOI: 10.1016/j.foar.2018.06.003.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Claudia Yamu and Akkelies van Nes, Spatio-syntactical analysis and historical spatial potentials: The case of Jaffa-Tel Aviv, Journal of Interdisciplinary History 49(3):445-472, 2018, DOI: 10.1162/jinh_a_01304.
- Jonathan Natanian, Or Aleksandrowicz and Thomas Auer, A Parametric Approach to Optimizing Urban Form, Energy Load Match and Environmental Quality: The Case of Hot and Dry Mediterranean Districts, Applied Energy 254, 2019, DOI: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.113637.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Shachar Zur, Yonatan Lebendiger and Yoav Lerman, Shade maps for prioritizing municipal microclimatic action in hot climates: Learning from Tel Aviv-Yafo, Sustainable Cities and Society 53: 101931, 2020, DOI: 10.1016/j.scs.2019.101931.
- Or Aleksandrowicz and David Pearlmutter, The significance of shade provision in reducing street-level summer heat stress in a hot Mediterranean climate, Landscape and Urban Planning 229: 104588, 2023, DOI: 10.1016/j.landurbplan.2022.104588.
Refereed articles in academic journals [Hebrew]
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Kurkar, cement, Arabs, Jews: How to construct a Hebrew city [in Hebrew], Teorya U-Vikoret (Theory and Criticism) 36: 61-87, 2010.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Civilian demolition: The premeditated destruction of Manshiya neighborhood in Jaffa, 1948-1949 [in Hebrew], Iyunim Bitkumat Israel (Studies in Israeli and Modern Jewish Society) 23: 274-314, 2013.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Paper boundaries: The erased history of the neighborhood of Neveh Shalom [in Hebrew], Teorya U-Vikoret (Theory and Criticism) 41: 165-197, 2013.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, The Vanishing House: Jewish Pioneers and Historiographic Blindness in Northern Jaffa [in Hebrew], Cathedra 156: 101-128, 2015.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, The façade of building: Exposed building envelope technologies in modern Israeli architecture [in Hebrew], Iyunim Bitkumat Israel (Studies in Israeli and Modern Jewish Society) 31: 306-348, 2019.
Monographs and textbooks
- Or Aleksandrowicz and Israel Architecture Archive, Daring the shutter: The Tel Aviv idiom of solar protections, Public School Editions, Tel Aviv, 2015.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, From within the Box: The Architecture of Bar Orian [in Hebrew], Babel Publishers, Tel Aviv [forthcoming].
Yosef Eliyahu Chelouche, Reminiscences of My Life [in Hebrew], revised and annotated edition of the 1931 original, Babel Publishers, Tel Aviv, 2005.
Refereed chapters in books
- Or Aleksandrowicz and Samuel Giler, The new gate of Jaffa during the late Ottoman period, in Aaron A. Burke, Kathrine Strange Burke, Martin Peilstöcker (eds.), History and Archaeology of Jaffa 2, Costen Institute of Archaeology, UCLA, 2017, pp. 175-186.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, The other side of climate: The unscientific nature of climatic architectural design in Israel, in Inbal Ben-Asher Gitler and Anat Geva (eds.), Israel as A Modern Architectural Experimental Lab, 1948-1978, Intellect Books, 2019, pp. 277-301.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Facing the Sun: German-Speaking Émigrés and the Roots of Israeli Climatic Building Design, in Elana Shapira (ed.), Designing Transformation, Bloomsbury, London, 2021, pp. 253-266.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Mapping and management of urban shade assets: a novel approach for promoting climatic urban action, in Ansar Khan et al. (eds.), Global Urban Heat Island Mitigation, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2022, pp. 1-27.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Forget and rewrite. Unearthing the history of Manshiya/Neve Shalom, in Klaus Tragbar and Ulrich Knufinke (eds.), 100 Years of Planning and Building in Palestine and Israel, Deutscher Kunstverlag, Berlin [forthcoming].
- Yoav Orion and Or Aleksandrowicz, Street trees in Tel Aviv, 1909-1948: Competing ideals and the triumphs of climate, in Gadi Algazi, Roii Ball and Sagi Schaefer (eds.), Entangled Woods/Verflochtene Waldgeschichten: Tel Aviver Jahrbuch für Deutsche Geschichte, Wallstein Verlag, Göttingen, Germany [forthcoming].
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Drawing the Line: Reshaping Spatial Distinctions and Historical Memory in Jaffa and Tel Aviv, in Anna Hofmann and Guy Rak (eds.), History Takes Place: Tel Aviv, JOVIS [forthcoming].
Chapters in books
- Or Aleksandrowicz, That thing that we live in [in Hebrew], introduction to Land City: Local Essays by Esther Zandberg, Babel Publishers, Tel Aviv, 2012, pp. 11-16.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, No building has no end, in Erez Ella, Milana Gitzin-Adiram, Dan Handel (eds.), Aircraft Carrier: American ideas and Israeli architecture after 1973, Hatje Cantz, Ostfildern, Germany, 2012, pp. 52-61.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, A wish for destruction: The life and death of the Herzliya Gymnasium building [in Hebrew], in Guy Raz (ed.), Gymnasium Days: The Herzliya Hebrew Gymnasium, 1905-1959, Eretz Israel Museum, Tel Aviv, 2013, pp. 26-47.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Postscript: a breath of non-intelligence [in Hebrew], postscript to the Hebrew edition of The Architecture of the Well-Tempered Environment by Reyner Banham, Babel Publishers, Tel Aviv, 2014, pp. 363-387.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Deconstructing Reconstruction: Planung und Zerstörung in Jaffa und Tel Aviv um 1948 [in German], in Hanno Loewy and Hannes Sulzenbacher (eds.), All about Tel Aviv-Jaffa: Die Erfindung einer Stadt, Jüdisches Museum Hohenems, 2019, pp. 321-341.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, As if tomorrow would never come: a technological history of rural grain elevators in Israel [in Hebrew], in Joseph P. Friedman and Tzachi Ostrovsky, Israeli Silos, 2019, pp. 65-100.
Refereed articles in conference proceedings
- Or Aleksandrowicz and Ardeshir Mahdavi, Thermal performance analysis of central hall houses in the Israeli coastal plain, Proceedings of BauSIM 2012: Fourth German-Austrian IBPSA Conference, pp. 13-22, 2012.
- Or Aleksandrowicz and Ardeshir Mahdavi, The impact of building climatology on architectural design: a simulation-assisted historical research of an Israeli case study, Proceedings of BS2015: 14th Conference of International Building Performance Simulation Association, pp. 2150-2157, 2015.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Claudia Yamu and Akkelies van Nes, The socio-spatial development of Jaffa-Tel Aviv: The emergence and fade-away of ethnic divisions and distinctions, Proceedings of SSS11: 11th International Space Syntax Symposium, 2017.
- Jonathan Natanian, Or Aleksandrowicz, Articulation, space and sustainability: A report on diploma student projects at the Technion, Israel, Proceedings of PLEA 2017, 2017.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Shachar Zur, Yonatan Lebendiger, Yoav Lerman, Shade maps for climatically-aware urban design in Tel Aviv-Yafo, CyNUM 1st Regional Conference, 2018.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Ornament in disguise: cultural tensions in exposed concrete application in Israel, Proceedings of AFR 2021: 7th international Architectural Finishes Research Conference, 2021 [forthcoming].
- Or Aleksandrowicz and Ezra Ozery, A Parametric Tool for Outdoor Shade Design: Harnessing Quantitative Indices and Visual Feedback for Effective and Efficient Climatic Design of Streets, Proceedings of CAAD Futures 2023: Computer-Aided Architectural Design. INTERCONNECTIONS: Co-computing Beyond Boundaries, 2023.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, A journey in the wake of a forgotten yesteryear, Sharsheret Hadorot: Jewish Genealogy Research 19(3): 14-19, 2005.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Kurkar, ciment, Arabes, Juifs: comment construit-on une ville hébraïque?, Tsafon 55: 21-60, 2008.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Khvoynik’s balcony [in Hebrew], Domus Israel 2: 125-129, 2009.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Undelirious Tel Aviv [in Hebrew], Time Out Tel Aviv, 15.7.2010.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Any building has its end [in Hebrew], Alaxon, 9.12.2013.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Windy with little intelligence [in Hebrew], Alaxon, 27.10.2014.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Milena Vuckovic, Kristina Kiesel, Ardeshir Mahdavi, Mitigating urban heat islands: Does research support the needs of policy makers? International Association for Urban Climate Newsletter 65, pp. 13-17, 2017.
- Or Aleksandrowicz and Shachar Zur, Shade maps for climatic urban planning in Tel Aviv-Yafo [in Hebrew], Landscape Architecture 74: 35-38, 2020.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, Jaffa-Tel Aviv border: from a municipal division line to a national border [in Hebrew], Tel Aviv-Yafo, Bulletin of the Historical Society 1: 13-15, 2021.
- Or Aleksandrowicz, The road to hell is intentionally paved [in Hebrew], Sfat Rehov: An Urban Magazine, 22.5.2022.
- Anna Shnaidman, Or Aleksandrowicz, Dariel Renn-Pony, Moshe Yaniv, Medad Hoze and Morel Weisthal, Geo data-based policymaking: National Tree Canopy Cover Example, FIG Working Week 2023, 28 May–1 June 2023.